Jan 17, 2011

What's the passion?

Through more self-indulgent thought than I care to admit to, I have come to several realizations lately. Don't even get me started on thinking that I was no longer an Aries and that I had to abandon all that the stars told me about myself to adopt a new, more shy personality like a Pisces. But I'm told this revelation is bullshit so I relaxed and focused on more important musings.

I have been watching the movie Julie and Julia lately as it's been on my free trial of Encore. And it got me thinking about being passionate. And I used to feel passionate about SO many things and it make me think that I was no longer passionate about much outside these 4 walls. How can I find my passion? Where was it hiding from me?

When I peel back the layers of my life and the roles I play, one theme is consistent: Food. Cooking food, sharing food, talking about food, eating, eating, eating. To say I love food is an understatement.

There was a time in my life I would have felt ashamed to admit my passionate feelings towards food. It wasn't so long ago. But my role as a wife and a mommy (and the ever-increasing coming-of-age saga) have allowed me to showcase my real feelings for food. I no longer care of there is more sugar in my curves. I care about feeling satisfied and about satisfying my little family.

We live in a culture of extremes and lack of balance. Could it be that admitting our true passions instead of denying them can lead us to being more healthy and satisfied. Even outside of the kitchen. Let's see.

No comments: