Nov 11, 2010

Thursday, November 11

It's hard to look at this picture and see a soldier. All I see is a little blonde cutie pie that I want to go back in time and hug senseless.

But that little guy standing next to me (yes, that is little me) is my brother Tyson and he proudly served our country in the Air Force for 6 years. Next August, our little baby brother Reid will enlist in the Marines. I am so grateful for the sacrifices our soldiers make and the bravery they show doing something everyday that they believe in. For us. It's a blessing I am not sure I would fully understand if the military had not personally affected me.

I am thankful to both of my brothers. In order to better their own lives, they are serving all of us. No matter where you stand politically, honor is honor.

So, to all the soldiers (but especially my sweet, brave, hilarious brothers): much love and continued safety.

2 comments:

Dana said...

from me: awww he is so cute!! i cant wait to have a cute little boy that looks just like him! thank you soldiers!

from tyson: didnt like blogs til i saw this one! thanks!

raymee writes said...

i can't wait for you to havea cute little boy that look likes both of you. i will devour that little blonde lovie :-)