Oct 4, 2010

content and contentment

Being sicky has given me some time. My brain has been mushy and my thoughts have been self-centered. Aside from feeling like dirt and worrying about Mila pretty much non-stop, I've been having some great ideas regarding some book content. Maybe it's the cold medicine....or night sweats which give me some rare awake time at 3, 4 and 5 a.m. Whatever, I'll take it.

I had such a great summer and I really needed it. I dropped my client load down really low and spent some QT with Mila, learned more about Dfab's biz and packaged a LOT of glass. But I think I need a little more now. I don't want to spend the winter cooped up like a dog with no outlet. It won't be good for mommy and it won't be good for Mila. I am feeling more confident that we are working toward a more permanent-ish schedule and it's time for me to get off my summer vacation kick and get back to school. And get down to business.

As Nicki always says, "we've got some irons in the fire." And it's true. This shit isn't going to solve itself but my to-do list is long.

-- website (can we afford it?)
-- photography (can we write off the new camera that I want and can I convince Dfab that our current camera is not cutting it?)
-- etsy (time is on my side, see photos)
-- overstock (sell, sell, sell)
-- materials for side project (writing/design)
-- plan for second side project (xoxonicki)
-- skip to the motherfuckinglou (xoxonicki)
-- package, package, package
-- organize basement (glass, storage and packaging center)
-- write, write, write (make time for myself or i'm being a daft cow)

Notice, there isn't much PR on this list. Am I really ready to let it go.....?

No comments: